What is HIIT?
So what exactly is HIIT? HIIT, also known as High Intensity Interval Training, is a type of workout characterized by bursts of high energy exercise followed by short rest breaks. This type of training has shown to be incredibly effective at burning fat and building lean muscle.1-4
We have harnessed this type of exercise in our Ascent and Apex programs to give you the best overall workout. Our full-body workouts are specifically designed to get you lean and sculpted. You’ll notice more mental clarity, better digestion, higher energy levels, and better overall body composition.5-12
- Falcone PH, Tai CY, Carson LR, Joy JM, Mosman MM, McCann TR, Crona KP, Kim MP, Moon JR. Caloric expenditure of aerobic, resistance, or combined high-intensity interval training using a hydraulic resistance system in healthy men. J Strength Cond Res. 2015 Mar;29(3):779-85.
- Wingfield HL, Smith-Ryan AE, Melvin MN, Roelofs EJ, Trexler ET, Hackney AC, Weaver MA, Ryan ED. The acute effect of exercise modality and nutrition manipulations on post-exercise resting energy expenditure and respiratory exchange ratio in women: a randomized trial. Sports Med Open. 2015 Dec;1(1):11.
- Naimo MA, de Souza EO, Wilson JM, Carpenter AL, Gilchrist P, Lowery RP, Averbuch B, White TM, Joy J. High-intensity interval training has positive effects on performance in ice hockey players. Int J Sports Med. 2015 Jan;36(1):61-6.
- Osawa Y, Azuma K, Tabata S, Katsukawa F, Ishida H, Oguma Y, Kawai T, Itoh H, Okuda S, Matsumoto H. Effects of 16-week high-intensity interval training using upper and lower body ergometers on aerobic fitness and morphological changes in healthy men: a preliminary study. Open Access J Sports Med. 2014 Nov 4;5:257-65.
- Kirk-Sanchez NJ, McGough EL. Physical exercise and cognitive performance in the elderly: current perspectives. Clin Interv Aging. 2014;9:51-62.
- Jackson PA, Pialoux V, Corbett D, Drogos L, Erickson KI, Eskes GA, Poulin MJ. Promoting brain health through exercise and diet in older adults: a physiological perspective. J Physiol. 2016 Aug 15;594(16):4485-98.
- Bherer L. Cognitive plasticity in older adults: effects of cognitive training and physical exercise. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2015 Mar;1337:1-6.
- Huang R, Ho SY, Lo WS, Lam TH. Physical activity and constipation in Hong Kong adolescents. PLoS One. 2014;9(2):e90193. Published 2014 Feb 28.
- Ellingson LD, Kuffel AE, Vack NJ, Cook DB. Active and sedentary behaviors influence feelings of energy and fatigue in women. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2014 Jan;46(1):192-200.
- Ward-Ritacco CL, Adrian AL, O'Connor PJ, Binkowski JA, Rogers LQ, Johnson MA, Evans EM. Feelings of energy are associated with physical activity and sleep quality, but not adiposity, in middle-aged postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2015 Mar;22(3):304-11.
- Kraemer WJ, Patton JF, Gordon SE, Harman EA, Deschenes MR, Reynolds K, Newton RU, Triplett NT, Dziados JE. Compatibility of high-intensity strength and endurance training on hormonal and skeletal muscle adaptations. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1995 Mar;78(3):976-89.
- Donnelly JE, Blair SN, Jakicic JM, Manore MM, Rankin JW, Smith BK; American College of Sports Medicine. American College of Sports Medicine Position Stand. Appropriate physical activity intervention strategies for weight loss and prevention of weight regain for adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009 Feb;41(2):459-71.